A wall panel is a single piece of material, usually flat and cut into a rectangular shape, which serves as the visible and exposed covering for a wall. These panels are functional as well as decorative, providing insulation and soundproofing combined with uniformity of appearance, along with some measure of durability or ease of replaceability. There is no set size limit for a piece of material fulfilling these functions. Most of the manufacturers recommend exterior metal wall panels for industrial architecture
Image Source: Google
Use of wall panels can reduce construction costs by providing a consistent appearance to the panelled surface without requiring the application of paint or another finishing material. These panels are finished on only one side if the other side is going to be against a brick or concrete wall, or a comparable structure.
Advantages Of Wall Panels-
Works faster and easier- Minimum wastage, saves energy and lesser weight panels are constructed.
- Cost effective-No plastering needed for these panels, less transport and labour costs.
- Safer in usage- the panels built are fire-proof, waterproof and has earthquake resistant factors.
- Long Life of walls- The panels can last over a few decades.
- Easier to work- The panels are based on cement. Nails and grinders can be used on them.
- Strong- These panels are stronger than gypsum and glass partitioning.